Wholesale orders application
Company serves to several regular customers they order items over the phone or by email. We would like to allow customers ordering items via web-based form.
Additional features :
- Allow submitting orders for registered users only (this is to be done by an administrator)
- There is a need to maintain price list
- Users should be able to either pick item from predefined list or add his own item, which does not exist in the price list (in this case, he can enter his estimated price)
- Show expected total amount (net and with tax)
- Customers can see status of open and old orders
Proposed solution :
Web-based application will be designed in PHP. Price list and orders processing will be handled in desktop application, designed in Delphi.
Additional details :
Web-based application will have data stored in MySQL database. Desktop data will be kept in MS SQL Server. Data will be synchronized manually, via data exports and imports.
When users familiarize themselves with the applications, Data synchronization will be automated. This functionality is outside the scope of current release.
Desktop version app features :
- editing of items and prices, customers and sales tax rates
- manually entering or adjusting orders
- manage order pipeline
- some items come in different “alternatives”, e.g. several colors, sizes etc. Applications needs to allow defining alternative description and price
- export of individual orders and order lists for further processing